Punyah is a Bangalore-based dynamic dance company headed by Parshwanath Upadhye.
Punyah's productions incorporate both the Margi technique, based on the Natya Sastra, the oldest extant text on dramaturgy and the fine arts, as well as various regional art forms of India including Bharatanatyam and Kalaripayattu. A team of classically trained artists bring out the unique, impactful choreography with perfect execution, passion and grace. Approaching India's favourite epics with a fresh, young perspective, Punyah hopes to entertain as well as spark a love for the world's oldest heritage.
Being a principal dancer of the Punyah Dance Company, Matangi has been one their core pillars of strength. With her strong choreographic inputs, Matangi has been able to contribute significantly to their compositions like ‘Krishna’ and ‘Hara’. She has been one of their key decision makers, and her involvement with Punyah, right from an administrative role to being a leading performer, marks it as yet another milestone of hers’ in the field.
- Laksha Deepotsava , Dharmasthala , 10th December, 2015
- "AntarJina", Mumbai
- "HARA" - 19th September, By punyah Dance Company.
- Kelikottu by Karnataka Nair Service Soceity, Bangalore, 13th June, 2015.
- SaptaVarna" (seven clours) at Ancient Khandagiri and Udayagiri Caves, Bhuwaneshwar, Orissa, March 21, 2015
- Varshada Harsha, Sanehalli, Chitradurga, India - kappanna, December 31, 2014
- "Kamana billu" (Rainbow) A classical dance presentation for a Government official event at Vidhana Soudha, Bangalore - December 13, 2014
- Alva's Nudisiri, Moodbidri - December 5, 2014
- Krishnapatnam Port, Guest of Honor Central Minister Sri Sadananda Gowda, Nellur, India - October 5, 2014
- Art of Living, on the occasion of an interaction with Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Guruji, National Games Village, Bangalore, India - August 15, 2014
- Centenary birth celebration of Shri.Gopinath Das, Dayanad Sagar College, Bangalore, India - June 15, 2014
- The 4th Naada Bindu Festival, Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukul, Kolvan, Pune India - May 25, 2014/li>
- Cultural exchange for foreign deligates at Krishna Patnam Port, Nellur, India - July 27, 2014
- Production Antar Jina - Based on Pumpa's Adi Purana, Belgaum, Karnataka India - April 11, 2014
- Brahmotsavam at Ranganatha Swamy temple, Rangbagh, Hyderabad, India - February 10, 2014
- Nirantharam - National Music and Dance Festival organised by Sangeetha Sambhrama, Bangalore, India -January 25, 2014
- 6th BIFF, Bangalore International Film Festival, Jnanajyoti Auditorium, Bangalore - December 26, 2013
- 14th Kala Nadam 2013, Festival of Music and Dance, Bangalore - November 21, 2013
- Dance Jathre 2013, International Dance fair, Freedom Park, Bangalore, India - November 16, 2013
- Natyanjali's Natya Utsav 2013, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Chennai, India - October 18, 2013
- Home Production, Shambho DVD Release, Bangalore, India - June 2, 2013
- Lasya Dance Festival, Pilathara, Kannur, Kerala, India - May 25, 2013
- Nritya Utsava, Brahmotsava Iskcon, Bangalore - April 30, 2013
- Gudiya Sambhrama - the Bangalore temple festival, organised by Heritage non profit organisation, Bangalore, India - March 1, 2013
- 8th Drishti dance Festival, Chowdaiah Memorial Hall, Bangalore, India - January 26, 2013